Thursday, April 14, 2011

Polaroid Portrait DIY


Hey sweeties!

I'm Miss Lou  a 24yr old gal from Puerto Rico. I'm a full time student of languages, I speak english, spanish, italian and french, fun right? I'm actually the writer behind eLousions a blog about crafts, vintage, thrifting, photography, cute stuff, and much more. 

Im not here to bore you with my profile am I? NOT! 

Today I actually have a very fun and easy way to make a polaroid portrait. I must confess I have a polaroid obsession! 


This is what you'll need: 


  1. A piece of fabric
  2. Cork board 
  3. Scissors
  4. Bendable wire (like the one used for jewelry)
  5. A strong stapler
  6. Ribbon (Im using ric-rac but you can use whatever as long as is a thin kind)
  7. Jewelry tweezers
  8. A polaroid picture of course!

Start by measuring your polaroid against the cork board, leaving approximately 1 centimeter on all four sides. 


Then measure it against the fabric, you'll want more fabric so you can cover the whole piece nicely.


I advice you to start stapling from the shortest side of the fabric, and the folding in the longest ones.


If you arrange it nicely you wont need too many staples to get it done.


It should look like this...


Cut 4 pieces of the ric rac ribbon that are like 1 1/2" long.


Attach every ribbon to each corner, I stapled it but you can sew it as well, thou that would be a lot trickier because you might end up seeing the thread instead of only the ribbon.



To hang this you'll need the metal wire, what I did was stapled it on the back right in the middle up side. I arranged the wire and looped it so it can be hanged.


You should end up with something like this. All is missing is the polaroid. 

-The thing about this portrait is that it wont damage the actual photo, you can just get it out and it will be the same.
-You could also replace the ribbon with pins (the type you use for message boards).
-Another way to make this fun is to cut a larger size of the board and make it a 2 o 3 polaroid holders in one.
-You could also make some of these with different fabrics for each season.
-You can really play around with this project.



Thanks Miss Lou for this awesome tutorial!

Hope you guys liked it ;)





9 comments:

  1. Brilliant!! I want to do this to my Polaroids now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey baby! I tweeted :) and I already follow you everywhere! woohoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute!! :) I follow LeeLee on GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow Lee Lee on Twitter @ZombieCupcake90 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 i already follow u! opps I can't participate :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 I follow you everywhere benoitlalinde(at)gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow Lee Lee via. GFC :)

    My email address is coppernails8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING- we already have a winner. details soon xo

    ReplyDelete