Thursday, May 5, 2011

Blog Bday Party: Megan - Everyday Nonsense ♡

Hi all! I’m Megan from Everyday Nonsense! I’m so excited to be guest blogging for Lee Lee! She’s great right!? Righto! Anyway, on to my post!


I’ve been on a DIY kick lately. Sometimes you just get that bug to make something, you know? Like you see something on Etsy or while shopping and say, “I can so do that!” Well, I had that bug a few weeks ago!



I love in Maryland. It can’t make up its mind in terms of weather sometimes. It’s either freezing or hot as Hades. No happy median here folks. Also, I’ve been utterly obsessed with wrist warmers/fingerless gloves lately. So with that being said, here is my DIY for dummies. (I’m not calling you guys dummies! I’m calling myself one. I can’t knit or sew to save my life. I need step-by-step easy as pie directions).


Wrist Warmers

I actually found the tutorial here. Linda is fabulous. She’s my blog idol. I want to be as crafty as her when I grow up.

First step, find an old sweater. I’m all about upcycling. Also, I failed to mention that besides not knitting, I also don’t do laundry. I shrink everything. So parting with a sweater wasn’t hard. ;)

Now, you cut off the bottom 7 inches or so of your sleeve. Cut at the seam and open that bad boy up. Next cut two, I like to call them crescents about 2 inches from the top for your thumbs. (Clearly you can see from the photo below that I can’t measure. I guessitmated. Woops). Don’t forget to sew your unfinished edges. Linda suggests using a zig zag stitch so I just hand sewed. Now, fold your creation in half and use a straight stitch to sew it together. And voila!



Please disregard the cat hair. I have three cats. Keeping up with vacuuming is tough!



As you can see, it’s not the greatest, but for my first pair of wrist warmers, it’s a start. I’d love to see your DIY creations!  


No comments:

Post a Comment