Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Us Trendy - Featured Designer

On September 7th, 2010 
I contacted Kalee from UStrendy to be part of http://www.ustrendy.com/featured I guess there's alot of people out there contacting her too, so Im still waiting for my section to be up! here are my interview questions/answers :)


What is your inspiration for designs that are being featured?

I get inspired by music, art, and the people around me. I am always watching people when I go out, what they are wearing, what they are doing. I really like urban movements and the pop culture. I usually design and sketch when I am in a boring place - I believe there’s inspiration everywhere I go!

What drove you to choose fashion design and specifically starting your own design?

It started way back in high school when I got my first sewing machine from my grandmother. I was really curious and wanted to learn. Eventually my passion for fabrics, sewing and wanting to do a bunch of stuff at the end came up fashion design as my career. My designs specifically started out in the middle of my studies – my love for handbags and urban styles. These designs were sketched while I was at school in middle of general courses, I used to sit in the back and sketch. I still  have lots of sketches that need to be created!   


What is favorite Part about being a Fashion Designer?

Creating from scratch something wearable and fun and watching people wear what you create.  

What is some advice that you would give to aspiring independent designers?

Never give up. It's really rough out there, you just have to be strong and don't let anyone or anything bring you down. 

What are other activities you enjoy doing besides designing (art, music, etc)?

I love watching movies, going to concerts, Iaughing and dancing.    

Favorite Celebrity Fashion Icon: Edie Sedgwick

Favorite fashion decade: 60s

One thing you couldn’t live without: chocolate :)

Describe your style: rocker, casual, cute 


xoxo, 

LeeLee

No comments:

Post a Comment